Financial Econometrics: Portfolio Analysis
Lecture (Prof. Stefan Mittnik, Ph.D.)
Tuesday, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m, Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1 (B)/1.OG - B 106
Lectures: October 13, 2015 until February 2, 2016
Tutorial (Fabian Spanhel)
Thursday, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m, Amalienstr. 73A - 211
Tutorials: October 22, 2015 until February 4, 2016
Lecture and tutorial in English.
- Some Basics
- Portfolio Selection
- Capital Asset Pricing Models
- Index Models
- Portfolio Selection Based on Down-Side Risk
Target Audience: Master and doctoral students in economics, business, statistics, mathematics and computer science.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge in mathematics (linear algebra, calculus) and econometrics (Econometrics I) or statistics (linear models).
Resit Exam (6 ECTS):
Registration: Please register for the examination and send the registration form to email@example.com with subject "registration exam portfolio analysis" by no later than xx.xx.xxxx.
Duration: 120 minutes
Auxiliary material: Calculator, handwritten formulary on 1 sheets (2 pages) of DIN A4 paper. Note that a formulary consists of formulas and is not supposed to be a transcription of the tutorial/lecture. Titles are allowed to a minor degree but text or some kind of shorthand is not permitted. The formulary must be handed in.
For identification issues, please bring along your student ID as well as your personal ID.
- Elton, E., Gruber, M.J., Brown, S. J., Goetzmann, W. N.: Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, Wiley, 6. Auflage, 2003.
- Meucci, A.: Risk and Asset Allocation, Springer Finance, 1. Auflage, 2005.
- Theil, H.: Principles of Econometrics, Wiley, 2. Auflage, 1971, S. 46-55 (PCA).